Building a Profitable Website
Means Getting Inside Your Customer’s Head
My years of experience in designing, analyzing and optimizing sites have given me an eagle-eye for these missed opportunities.
With a top-to-bottom Website Critique, I will provide you with a comprehensive action plan on how to optimize your site to increase sales and customer engagement while decreasing stress.
I know how to pick apart a website from the perspective of your first-time visitors and offer you specific suggestions that work on how you can increase sales from your site’s traffic.
“Andy’s website critique was the best thing I could have done for my website. His recommendations were direct, understandable and clear. I went from feeling like my site needed “something” to knowing exactly what needed to be changed in the course of an hour.
As my site grows and changes, I am confident that Andy will be there when I next need him.” – Darci Walker, Parenting Consultant, CoreParentingPDX.com
How does the Website Critique work?
- After payment is received, I’ll send you our Kick-Off Questionnaire which will give me insights into the types of clients you’re trying to attract and the personality of your brand. This step alone will begin to highlight things you’ve never thought about before…important things!
- Once I receive your questionnaire, it’s reconnaissance time. I will research your industry and study competing sites in your niche. I’ll gather all the information I need to have an in-depth understanding of precisely what you’ll need to turn that site traffic into paying clients.
- Now it’s time for me to go through your site, and I do mean with a fine-toothed comb. I’ll evaluate your site just as a first-time visitor and potential client will be seeing it. I’ll not only be looking for best practices and areas of confusion (or “choke points”), I’ll also identify your missed opportunities for revenue and engagement.
- You’ll receive a custom, easy-to-understand, comprehensive strategy for turning more of your site’s visitors into customers. Everything is written in plain English. No CSS-speak, no spreadsheets, no math, no scary stuff. Just a clear path to increasing your site’s revenue.
- We’ll get together for a one-hour discussion on my findings, your strategy going forward and to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
All that remains is for you to implement what we’ve discovered and wait for the sales to come in.
It’s important to know you’re not alone.
If you need added support after we’ve gone through these steps, I’ve got you covered. I have a team of experts who can work directly with our Website Critique to make the necessary changes. Just let me know and we’ll work out a plan.
This is an investment that will quickly and easily pay for itself.
With a professional Website Critique, you’re giving your site the best chance for success.
I’ll work closely with you to make sure you understand the how’s and why’s of every actionable step in your custom Website Critique. (When we’re done, you’ll be feeling way more website-savvy than you did before, bonus!)
“In two hours, I learned more from Andy than I had going to numerous professional development conferences. His opinions on brand management are stellar. If you need a marketing mentor or website help, run – don’t walk – to Andy.”
– Chris Gray Faust, Former USA Today Editor, CAroundTheWorld.com
“No matter how many workshops on website optimization I attend, I have never walked away with the quality of new insight as I did from this! Thank you for all the individualized attention. Great job!”
– Rebecca Pillsbury, Owner of Green Pet Gifts Portland
“It’s a truism that you don’t know what you don’t know – but thankfully, Andy does, and it has made all the difference to our site. The advice Andy gave us is being implemented and already we have seen improvements.”
– Sarah Lee, Founder, Maia Communications
“I needed help. I couldn’t see what was wrong with the site and why people weren’t converting. After working with Andy, I had a concrete plan of what to do, and how to do it. After implementing Andy’s suggestions, interaction overall has increased, and best of all, people are buying!”
– Brandie Kajino, SohoTechTraining.com
“After working with Andy on a new design, my stats went up from below 20K page views in September (it had dropped from the all-time high of 24K) to 35K today. Even more exciting, my bounce rate never dipped below 65% until now – it’s dropped to 30%. I think that can all be attributed to the new design.”
– Sandra Foyt, AlbanyKid.com
“Wow, you have blown me away with understanding me, the market, and how to sell myself to that market. I will be poring over every detail in the days ahead and acting on them.”
– Richard Chowning, Consultant on Doing Business in Africa, AfricaMentor.com
If you’re in the process of a site redesign and think this service isn’t for you yet…think again. I can work one on one with your designer to critique mockups and optimize your new site before it goes live. Just contact me at andy [at] andyhayes.com to discuss your individual project.
Frequently Stated Objections (FSO) … or as I call them, BS Excuses
“My site’s not quite ready for feedback yet. I’m still changing some things.”
Got news for you, you will ALWAYS be changing things. Also, there is NEVER a better time to have a second pair of experienced (eagle) eyes to evaluate what you’re doing than when you’re in the midst of changing things.
Or maybe you’re just procrastinating. Is that it? Hmm? Look, I’ve been there…and it sucks. When you know you need to take action but don’t do anything about it, it feels like a big heavy monkey sitting on your chest. Aaannd…your business stagnates. So let’s get up, kick that monkey off your chest and do something about this today so you can breathe easy once again.
“I already asked some people for feedback and everyone said it was fine. They loved it.”
I’m totally onto you. You asked a few Facebook friends and family members who will always love anything you do. And that’s great. Pats on the back feel nice. But they’re not going to help your business get out of a rut.
You need to get feedback from people who understand what’s not working AND who aren’t afraid to tell you about it. Honest advice from an expert who knows. That’s what your business needs now.
“A critique wouldn’t help us because our website is a special circumstance…”
…which may actually be the site’s main problem. Look, everyone’s using the same browsers, the same smartphones and the same social media networks. If your site ends up looking like the odd man out, chances are people won’t think it’s special, they’ll just think it’s kinda weird.
When it comes to the Internet, weird and unusual does not get the sale. While your products and services can be as unique as you like, if your design and organization don’t make sense to anyone, you’ve lost your customers before you even had a chance.
OK, no more BS excuses. Sign up below and let’s get started.
Andy Hayes has been tinkering and tweaking websites for over 15 years. He started out working for PeopleSoft (now Oracle Corporation) where he was given the inside scoop of how websites are built from the ground up.
He moved on to work in a $1million website testing lab (because, believe it or not, testing and optimizing websites really used to cost that much!) Thankfully these days, with all the amazing tools and speed at our fingertips, it’s much cheaper and faster to perform quality website testing.
Andy’s lab background is what sets him apart from the rest. He understands exactly WHY certain areas of your website are chokepoints and WHY organizing your site one way as opposed to another is better for your business. His in-depth knowledge allows him to explain these reasons in a way that is easy to understand and execute for even the busiest professional.
Living in sunny Portland, Oregon, Andy strives to bring harmony wherever he goes. He loves the feeling of everything fitting into the right place…especially on your website.